Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a maytag refrigerator water dispenser problem (model

MSD2651HES). The water flows...
I have a maytag refrigerator water dispenser problem (model MSD2651HES). The water flows for a few seconds and then goes to a slight trickle and the water line from the wall vibrates. The flow lasts longer when the water dispenser hasn't been used for a while (overnight). I checked the flow from the wall and there is plenty of pressure. It is a brand new filter (old one did it too). Thanks
7/1/2010
Repairman1981
Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician

You need to replace part number 67004106 says 54.58 from www.marcone.com can probably be beat with a google search. It's the water filter head. They go bad on maytags all the time. They aren't opening fully and not allowing water pressure through. The wait lets it build pressure and give a little better spurt temporarily. Replace and you will be good to go. Pretty easy to swap, very self explanatory. Will need the fridge pulled however. Thanks!

Brandon

please click accept and leave feedback.

When you say "need fridge pulled" what do you mean? Do the directions that are self-explanatory come with the replacement part?

It doesn't come with instructions, but it's 2 screws on the filter head, then pull the fridge and unhook the water lines, pull the old filter head out, place the new on in through the same holes, re mount and place fridge back in opening. Fridge is on wheels, protect the floor if you have wood. Thanks!

Repairman1981
Repairman1981
Repairman1981