Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have had our Bosch Nexxt for 3 years. A foul odour had slowly

Customer Question

We have had our Bosch Nexxt for 3 years. A foul odour had slowly been building in our laundry area. Recently, after returning from vacation, I went to use my machine to discover mold in the dispenser area. I "googled" and discovered the problem, along with thousands of others, that these machines (front end loaders) build up mold in certain areas. What are the steps I need to take to remove the mold without damaging the machine (I learned that vinegar and bleach can damage the machine's sensors and other parts). Is this even possible if there is mold buildup inside the machine in parts I can't get to. The industry is recommending products such as Affresh but this is not a solution for most consumers that have this problem.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 years ago.
Affresh is the only way to fix this problem. Aside from that, leave your door cracked open so the moisture doesn't build up in the unit when not in use.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

If I get a service technician out, what parts should they be replacing or cleaning?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 years ago.
well if you want them to clean the unit out it would be a major requirement because they would need to remove the tub and split it open so that they can clean the inside of the outer plastic tub. That is where the smell builds up which is not easy to access at all and would probably cost about $350-400 to have them just take it apart and clean it because it's the better part of a day to take the unit apart.