Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Gold Star Dehumidifier model DH305. When I plug it…

Customer Question
I have a Gold Star...
I have a Gold Star Dehumidifier model DH305. When I plug it in, it does not go on. Is there some kind of mechanism in it that I can test to see why it does not start.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/30/2010
Appliance Technician: Craig, Electrical Technician replied 8 years ago
Craig
Craig, Electrical Technician
The water bucket is pushing a 'micro switch' that has to activate when the bucket is in place. It's probably failed or just not in all the way. Check it. You can see where the bucket makes the switch through a small hole.
Where is the hole located to see if bucket has connected. Red light never comes on.
Just look closely for either a hole or a small slot on the unit, and a dimple or a raised plastic piece on the bucket that goes in the lot to activate the switch. You should be able to feel it kind of pop into place when it's seated all the way.
I believe the machine is busted. However, thank you for your help.