Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

still have Ld coming up inspected drain and inlet tubes all…

Customer Question
<p>still have Ld coming up...
<p>still have Ld coming up inspected drain and inlet tubes all ok in spin cycle tries to spin but doesn't continue</p><p></p>
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/30/2010
Appliance Technician: Peter, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Peter
Peter, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, my name is Peter.

Do you have the model #?

<p>wtw6400sw1 </p><p>no stupid auto tech for 18 years can hit pause cancel button it restarts and tries to spin tank jerks motor makes buzz noise </p><p> </p><p> </p>

LD error code stands for long drain. If you hear the drain pump humming or running you probably have an obstruction in the inlet side of the pump. The best way to check for the obstruction is to lift up the top of the washer (push in the clips between the top and front panel approx. 2 inches in from each side). Remove the agitator (remove the center and and the bolt then lift it out). Remove the top cover on the tub and lift the inner tub out. There is a cover over the pump inlet held on with 2 screws toward the rear of the washer and the bottom of the tub. I usually find socks, washcloths etc. in the inlet.

If the drain pump is not running or humming check for voltage to the pump. If you have power to the pump then you have a bad pump. If no voltage check for voltage at the board.

Please click the green accept button.

Thank you,

Peter

white round plastic tabs with metal pins threw them what do you use because using screw driver doesn't work any tricks?

Are you talking about the top of the agitator?
<p>removed tub and cover for inlet nothing present no restriction what else do you think it could be</p><p> </p><p> </p>
Are you hearing a hum from the pump or noise from the pump?