Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

Hi Chas, I am the owner of the Kenmore Elite that would not

Customer Question

Hi Chas, I am the owner of the Kenmore Elite that would not start up. I spoke with you last week. I ordered the part you suggested, installed it tonight, and nothing. same as before. Now what? P.S. this bis a side by side refg.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 8 years ago.
please remember we are not in your home to do the repair or test our self and cant always be 100% and can always overlook something / thanks

Chas is away ,,, what kind of problem are you having today?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Larry, itis the same as before I changed the part. The lights across the top just flash and the refg. won't turn on.
was this the part
graphic
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes.
and it just flash and blink and never start the fridge?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Correct.
is the fan in the freezer blowing if you hold the light switch shut and door open?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No, what happens Larry, the flashing and the lights shut off when you hold the door button in.
take the board back and make sure it part number(NNN) NNN-NNNNand do not have a R at the end like(NNN) NNN-NNNN ,, that is a rebuilt board but in either case the new board is bad and you need to take it back and swap it ,, sorry for the bad news and extra work / thanks
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Larry that is the number! Is this all it can be?????
yes ,, i'm sorry but thats all it can be .. i have gotten a few bad ones before myself in repairs
i will be off line for rest of the day to take my insulin and rest up so if you need more information please ask now or please hit the accept button for me or i will be back in the morning / thanks Larry