Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have an 8 yr old model ABB1924DEB refrigerator with an air…

Customer Question
We have an 8 yr...
We have an 8 yr old model ABB1924DEB refrigerator with an air flow problem - anything we put in the crisper drawers or on the shelf above them freezes. The only solution we've tried is making sure that the adjustable opening at the bottom of the drawers is fully open, which didn't make a difference. What can we do to resolve this problem?

price - $15
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/30/2010
Appliance Technician: John, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
John, Home Appliance Technician

Thanks for the question.

What number do you have the fridge set at, and the freezer setting.

We've tried a variety of settings. Currently they are 1- refrigerator, and 4-freezer.

Thanks!

The symptom is that anything put in the crisper drawers or the shelves above them freeze.

Thanks again.

The one you set to number one that one opens and closes a door to the freezer , so it could be frosted up in the open position then no settings will change, try using a hair blower at the vent then once thawed set the fridge to number 4 and see what happens.
Which vent
Which vent are you suggesting I use a hair dryer on - the ones at the back of the crisper drawers, or the vent in the freezer?
At the back by the drawers and reset the fridge setting to number 4 , that should fix the problem.
I'll try it tomorrow and let you know if it works.

Sounds good.

Goodnight.

Just to clarify, am I looking to thaw the vents inside the fridge behind the drawers? Though I didn't see any ice, I've done the hairdryer procedure, moved the fridge setting to 4, and will let you know if this corrects the problem.
If you see frost behind the crisper's yes for sure . let me know what the outcome is please.
There was no frost visible behind the crispers. I put some vegetables in the drawers and if the problem is still there, they will be frozen by tonight. I will keep you posted.
Ok talk later tonight.