Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Scotsman AFE 325 ice machine. The motor that drives…

Customer Question
I have a Scotsman AFE...
I have a Scotsman AFE 325 ice machine. The motor that drives the ice making part itself has stopped working. i have taken the motor apart and replaced a bearing and checked the motor windings for continuity. How can I check this motor ? could it be a relay or something else. Everything else runs well the compressor and fan run and it gets cold. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/30/2010
Appliance Technician: John, restaurant equipment technician replied 8 years ago
John, restaurant equipment technician
Is the machine powered by single phase or 3 phase electricity?
It is a single phase 4.0 amp 1/10 HP I looked at the armature and all looked well no corosion or anything . it has a micro switch mounted on the top of the motor with a flyweight but I think this controls when the fan motor or compressor because i can make both of those run when i depress the micro switch. I hope this helps. Thanks.
I'm sorry to say that I can't find a schematic or wiring diagram for your machine on the internet. I recommend that you call the company customer service department at(NNN) NNN-NNNN or go the www.scotsman-ice.com to use their email menu.