Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I bought a used electric dryer, Model #LEC6646A72. The dryer…

Customer Question
I bought a used electric...
I bought a used electric dryer, Model #LEC6646A72. The dryer began, right after I got it, to not heat up. It became progressively cooler with each load until now it won't heat at all. Two questions: Does this sound like a thermostat problem? And Why can't I find this model number, ending in 72 on line? I live out in the country and can't seem to get any of the major online repair services to come out, so have to resort to trying to do it myself.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/29/2010
Appliance Technician: John, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
John, Home Appliance Technician
Yes, Whirlpool dryer, age unknown.
Well without a meter you can unplug the dryer and take the element out and see if the coils are broken a burnt wire .let me know if the element is broken if its not we can go further.
I was able, finally, to get a repairman to the house. Turns out it was merely a loose wire on the thermostat.
And that was probably on the heater housing.