Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dishwasher has small leak on bottom of right side of the…

Customer Question
My dishwasher has small leak...
My dishwasher has small leak on bottom of right side of the door.How do I determine if I need a new gasket?Model dwu8750aax.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/29/2010
Appliance Technician: John, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
John, Home Appliance Technician

Thanks for the question .

Push the door in when its leaking tell me if it stops leaking please.

I'll have to run it.Also,the leak is very small.Putting a rage under the last few inches on the right side of the door absorbs all the water.
Ok run it and let me know if the leak stops when you push the door in.
Ran it thru light cycle.No leak.I'll let you know when it leaks again.
Ok if it does leak push on the door and tell me if it stops the leak.
pushed on door,still leaks.no leak,when I run the light/china cycle.
Theres a screw on the door latch its a 5/16 head loosen nd push it in a little and re tighten the screw , now try a load again and tell me if it stopped the leak.
still leaks.

The number 6 on the breakdown has a small rubber seal that usually tears causing the water to leak on that side.

I'll call a repairman.
Thats a part thats easily replaced you really can replace this by yourself.
It didn't work!!!Done.The repairman is on his way.
if that what you want to do at least watch him when he does replace the part.
buying a new dishwasher.he tried your fixes,did NOT work.Good-bye MAYTAG!!!!

Well if you don't want to bother .

Goodnight.