Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag refrigerator, model LRTD 21A, serial number…

I have a Maytag refrigerator...
I have a Maytag refrigerator, model LRTD 21A, serial number 036199DM. The refrigerator part does not get cold, staying around 50 degrees, the freezer is cold. I checked the air flow vents and they are frozen solid with ice, leading me to think the problem is with the heating element, timer or thermostat, but I cannot find these parts online or see how to access them.
6/29/2010
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
is it clear solid ice, or is it white frost?
the ice in the vent holes is clear
ok then that isn't a defrost issue.

This is a very common issue and it means that your defrost drain line has frozen over and will need to be thawed out. This often times happens for no reason at all and is just random. You will need to remove everything out of your freezer and remove the back panel inside the freezer. Use a hair dryer to thaw all the ice out and locate the drain hole. Pour hot water down the drain hole until it's draining properly again. Once it's draining properly blow compressed air down to make sure it's clear. Cut a solid copper piece of wire about 6 inches long. Wrap it around the defrost heater a couple times just above the drain hole and extend it 2 inches into the defrost drain hole. That will transfer heat into the drain hole when the defrost heater turns on and will prevent the defrost drain line from freezing over in the future.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Thank you! How do I remove the back panel? there are no exposed screws in the freezer, and I cannot figure out how to expose the heating element between the frezzer and cold food section.
ok you're right because on this model the evaporator is in the floor of your freezer which is difficult to access and I might call a technician on this model. You'll need to take the freezer and refrigerator door off, then remove the screws holding the "sandwich" separator between the freezer and the fridge. The sandwich will pull forward and then you can access the evaporator and thaw the ice out there.

It might be better to just unplug the unit for 24 hours and let it thaw out on it's own. and try to gain access to the drain hose below the entire unit near the back. Blow compressed air up through the hose to clear out all the gunk that is inside the drain hose.