Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Whirlpool American Fridge Freezer has a strange smell in…

Customer Question
My Whirlpool American Fridge Freezer...
My Whirlpool American Fridge Freezer has a strange smell in the fridge section. Its like old cheese and has happened in the last few days. It is showing as working perfectly but for this smell.

Please can you advise.

Thanks Duncan
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/29/2010
Appliance Technician: Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech replied 8 years ago
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Is the freezer on top..?

No its a side by side model with water and ice machine in the ice section.

the smewll is clearly coming from the fridge section

If the smell is not in the freezer then more than likely you may have something spilled under the crisper drawers Etc...I would first try a fridge odor eliminator..

To be honest, the fridge has been fully cleaned out and emptied so its not a fridge odour problem.

I am really looking for a technical answer, or solution.

The inner workings of the interior of the fridge are in the freezer behind the inside back panel..Most of the time when you get a smell it is from a dirty evaporator coil...This normally happens when the fridge is turned off or unplugged...Nothing really in the fridge unless it was something that was put into the fridge at one point...As iam not there in front of fridge..Just going by what you have told me...Thanks Bob