Repairman1981
Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 years Repairing Appliances, Factory Trained in Several Major Brands Self employed owner at All Better Appliance
41736587

I have a frigidaire freezer #FFU20F9w3. The temperature alarm

Customer Question

I have a frigidaire freezer #FFU20F9w3. The temperature alarm is buzzing. It looks like the seal may need repair. I can call around for that today, but is there a way to turn off the buzzing or does the repair guy have to do that.

Thanx
Andrea
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Repairman1981 replied 8 years ago.

You can hold down the alarm button for 10 seconds, and I believe that is supposed to turn it off, but on everyone I have worked on unless you remedy the alarm condition, (temp issue) then it will come back really soon. The manual even says it will stop the alarm, but I have worked on several of these and unless I'm confusing it with another model number it won't help, just try to remedy the temp problem as soon as possible.

Brandon

please click accept and leave feedback Thanks!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanx. My house is very hot. I am going to try and put a fan near it. Hopefully that will help cool it down and keep the alarm from coming back on.
Get that seal fixed asap. Can cause problems if it overheats.