Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

i have an Amana side by side refrigerator, model DRS2663BW,

Customer Question
with ice and water dispenser...
i have an Amana side by side refrigerator, model DRS2663BW, with ice and water dispenser in the freezer door. It is leaking water towards the front of the refrigerator and coming out the front left side. I can't tell if it is leaking from the right or left side of the refrigerator because it appears wet under it on both sides, towards the front. There is not water at the rear of the unit.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/29/2010
Appliance Technician: John, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
John, Home Appliance Technician

Thanks for the question.

take the front bottom kick plate off, can you see wet under the coils ,also pull the fridge out and check the drain pan under the fridge , the pan could be cracked and leaking out twice a day.This could be the problem.

I have found where it is leaking. Where the 1/4" copper tubing water supply attaches to the unit, it is leaking from a light blue round valve that is just below the connection. Will this valve need to be replaced?
If you can tighten the nut and it stops leaking no you don't but if it doesnt then yes replace the water valve.
It looks pretty corroded. I will try tightening it but it looks like I will need to replace it.

http://www.partselect.com/xq/aspx/Inventory.2007678/qx/PartDetail.htm?SourceCode=4

Yes if its rusted you have to replace it.Here it is.

You can get it from Sears or any appliance parts store near you.

John, Home Appliance Technician
Thanks alot for your help.

Your very welcome .

Thanks and god bless.