Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kenmore refrigerator that I just noticed is burning…

Customer Question
I have a Kenmore refrigerator...
I have a Kenmore refrigerator that I just noticed is burning hot on the metal behind the door seal. What could this be?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/28/2010
Appliance Technician: applianceguy, Customer Service replied 8 years ago
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Hi, the freon runs behind that part of the fridge. It should be warm but not real hot. Make sure you clean out the condenser under the unit. Also pull unit out and remove bottom back panel. Make sure the condenser fan next to the compressor is running.
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Thanks. One more question - I was able to take off the front and vacuum most of the dust away (and there was really A LOT), but I couldn't get to all of it, even with removing the back (cardboard) panel. I probably got about 80% of it out. Is that enough? Should I let the motor cool down before plugging it back in? The condensor fan IS running. I will accept after your response.
80% is better than nothing. Yes let it cool down, but not too long, you do not want the food thawing out. Maybe another 20 min. When you get a chance stop at a local appliance part store or Home depot/Lowes and pick up a refrigerator brush. They are long and thin, you can get all the way into the condenser with them.
Thanks. Good advice.
You are welcome. Thank You for choosing Just Answer.