Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Hi. I am working with a GE garbage disposal model #GFC520F.

Customer Question
No problem with the disposal...
Hi. I am working with a GE garbage disposal model #GFC520F. No problem with the disposal but I had to remove it to replace sink strainer gassket becasue it was leaking.

I cannot get the disposal to lock into its bayonet mount where you give it a quarter turn becasue it's too thick to do so. What's the trick? Mark
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/28/2010
Appliance Technician: esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
esequiel walker
esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician
pull the disposal straight down as you try to lock the mount slightly should catch on then
ahh, I did try that, maybe I did not do it hard or long enough--?
give it a try let it catch on slightly then get a screwdriver and give it a jerk to catch it on