Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Hi There, We bought a Kitchenaid dual oven (regular plus…

Customer Question
Hi There, We bought a Kitchenaid...
Hi There,

We bought a Kitchenaid dual oven (regular plus convection) about a year and a half ago. Last night we had a power failure and when the power came back on about 2 hours later, the oven would not work. My husband flipped the outside circuit breaker and it still did not appear to be powered. Surely there is some surge protection built into the circuitry of this oven. Any ideas on what we can do to restore power to the oven?

Thank You,
Karin
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/28/2010
Appliance Technician: MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
You will need a voltmeter and know how to use it to find the problem. I can assist only if so as that is the only way to see where you have power. You will also need to do some disassembly as well. The control board on this has a 5 yr wty, but you can only get it free if you pay an authorized servicer to do it, so it is up to you if you want to bother with doing anything yourself.