Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

waser wont drain or spin

waser wont drain or spin
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/28/2010
John, Home Appliance Technician

Thanks for the question.

Open and close the lid can you hear a slight click.

Please send me the model number so I can better assist you.

yes when you close and open the lid, it does have a slight click, I know it is not the switch,

The model is heavy duty 70 series kenmore

When its at the pump out can you hear the timer motor ticking.
I cant tell, because the noise of the washer trying to pump the water, It actually is trying to pump the water out I can see the water swirling but nothing is happening, then when I set it to wash it sounds like it wants to wash but the same thing nothing happens.

Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=

The problem could be the motor coupler which is located on the motor and drives the transmission.The cabinet has to be removed to get to the coupler.

I can send you a Video on how to replace the coupler if you need it.

John, Home Appliance Technician
Yes please send me a video on how to replace the coupler, and thank you very much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLPGs2UMUJc&feature=fvw

Heres the video this will really help with the coupler.

If you need more assistance let me know.

Thanks and God Bless.