Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

my washer shakes across the floor, I have leveled it out but…

Customer Question
my washer shakes across the...
my washer shakes across the floor, I have leveled it out but still does it, also it won't spin dry. thanks tom
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/28/2010
Appliance Technician: John, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
John, Home Appliance Technician

Thanks for the question.

Is this a top load or front load washer,please send me the model number.

the machine is a top load and model number is XXXXX
Is the tub leaning to the front , did you move the washer before this happened.
no it dose't appear to be leaning to the front ,haven't moved it sincne it was put in
Did you have an off balance load and the washer moved a little.
no it dose it when empty
Set the washer where you want it and tip it towards you about 4 in from the floor and let it drop the back legs are self leveling and dropping it will reset the back legs , now try the spin see if its still shakes.
it stills shakes

http://www.applianceaid.com/directspring.html

Tip the washer back and see if this spring is connected or just loose.

still attached how tight is tight

As long as its attached its ok, just to the right theres that plastic cup and just above that they use three pads to support the tub as its moving back and fourth those could be worn.

When did this start to go off balance.

a couple of weeks ago

Those pads I was talking about are number 18 if their worn it will go off balance.

How old is this washer is it a new washer.

about a year and half old

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLPGs2UMUJc&feature=fvw

Here a video on how to remove the cabinet to help you take a look at those pads .

I will send you a picture of another part that could be the problem.

John, Home Appliance Technician

The balance ring # XXXXX and you don't have to order # XXXXX