Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I followed the advice on how to test the icemaker contol module.

Customer Question
It passed the tests, but...
I followed the advice on how to test the icemaker contol module. It passed the tests, but still won't work. Any ideas?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/28/2010
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

so when you put the wire in T&H it cycles? is this just not putting water in or does it not cycle on its own?

I tested for continuity with the unit unplugged. should I plug it in and use a jumper wire? there is ice in the mold, but it does not cycle.
yes, take the wire and put it in the T&H holes around the 5 o'clock position, hold it there for 5 seconds and see if it starts a cycle, let me no. pull the wire out after 5 seconds.
Did as you suggested. No cycle.
ok this is probably a bad module, they don't show the module as being sold separately, you will need to replace the ice maker, Part 915772the module is almost as much as the ice maker anyway, you can order one @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-ltf2112arb-%3d%3di915772&PartID=915772 if you like, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Thanks Bryan
your very welcome, have a great week, Bryan