Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

maytag side by side frig freez adaptive defrost located

Customer Question
maytag side by side frig...
maytag side by side frig freez

adaptive defrost located behind back panel of freezer

how do we defrost it?

or put frig in defrost cycle
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/28/2010
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
you can't just put the fridge into defrost. Use a hair dryer and thaw all the frost out. These units have a common failure with the adaptive defrost control (ADC) located inside the refrigerator in the upper back right corner above the control box. You'll want to order and replace this part so that the issue doesn't come back. Below is a link to the part you will need to order and replace.

CLICK HERE