Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am having problems adjusting the flame on the oven of my…

Customer Question
I am having problems adjusting...
I am having problems adjusting the flame on the oven of my new Kenmore 7748 range, converted from gas to propane (kit). we are getting the blue flame described in instructions but cannot get rid of the white flame with it...any tips
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/28/2010
Appliance Technician: John, restaurant equipment technician replied 8 years ago
John, restaurant equipment technician

The correct flame will be mostly blue with a light yellow or white color at the top, and there will be a yellow/orange color in the center. It sounds to me like you have the air adjusted correctly.

how long should the flame be? the instructions say 1" blue.... we have 1-1.5 " blue flame with about 2-3" white yellow flame.

It sounds like you were sent the wrong conversion kit(natural gas instead of propane).

FYI, propane has twice the btu rating as natural gas. The holes in the orifice need to be 1/2 the diameter of the ones you were using for the previous natural gas operation. If you have a gas pressure regulator in the supply line, it, too needs to be rated for propane use.

To answer your last question about flame height, it should be about one inch high with just a small yellow tip at the top. Compare the hole size of the orifice in the conversion kit to the original orifice. If the holes are the same size, you have the wrong kit.

Please post back to me, if you need further assistance.