Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

sharp carousel microwave R-630DSA we had a fire inside the…

Customer Question
sharp carousel microwave R-630DSA we had...
sharp carousel microwave R-630DSA

we had a fire inside the microwave and now it will not work. any suggestions as to what we might do..........it is built in and we hate to go through the hassle of finding another one.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/28/2010
Appliance Technician: John, restaurant equipment technician replied 8 years ago
John, restaurant equipment technician
Does the oven show any signs of working at all?
no...........nothing. no light, etc. but we know it has power to it.

The first part to check is the inline fuse that's in the power supply wire on the left side of the oven behind the control panel. If it's blown, replace it with it fuse that has the same electrical properties. The voltage and current rating will be found on the original fuse. You can find the fuse replacement at most hardware stores. In order to get to the fuse to check it, you'll need to remove the oven cover. Please post back to me, when you have replaced the fuse.

John, restaurant equipment technician
OK....got all the cover screws out but 2. these are one the back, one on each side, toward the bottom. not phillips heads like the rest. look like they have a small post in the center of the screw head to prevent people like me from taking off the cover! Does it take a specail screw driver that i can purchase, or a blow torch??? Even tried the screwdriver with the funny heads i use to remove auto headlights.
It requires a special(TORX) screwdriver, which is available at most hardware stores. Be sure to get the type that has a hole in the center.
fuse did not work
The heat from the fire must have damaged the control board. It's part number is XXXXX and the price is $90.80. You can purchase it at www.repairclinic.com. Their phone number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN