Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Hi, our fridgidaire model fwt449gfs1. It will not run but…

Hi, our fridgidaire model fwt449gfs1...
Hi, our fridgidaire model fwt449gfs1. It will not run but clicks through cycles and hums. I checked the pump and there is no power to it. The wiring diagram says to check the safety circuit but I have no idea where that is. Can you help. so much for my sunday. Thanks John
6/28/2010
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
First remove the bottom panel and check to see if the belt is off...Look towards the back...To remove the panel...remove screws at #19...Pull panel down and off....
graphic
I pulled the back off already and removed the belt and water supply I then turned the front control button to see if that did anything. No change. I then put the belt back on. I also took the pump out and ran power directly to it from an old power cord and alligator clips. the pump work great. It has been put back on and the hoses to it cleaned. I found no debris.The tech sheet that came with the machine has some trouble shooting tips so I followed the first three steps as I read them. I'm having problem finding out how to check the safety circuit,etc. Am I jumping ahead on the diagnostic road? Thanks, john
Is the humming sound coming from the drive motor..?
It's coming from the control knob on the front of the machine.
Ok..Unfortunately your control board is shorting out....I would replace the board itself..Not good news but thats what you will need to do...Bob
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Hi Bob,

one more question as the control board is $300 dollars ouch. Why did you eliminate checking the safety circuit timer etc. I checked the ohms between 1 and 3 on the four pin plug and it read 3. If it is the control board we are just going to replace the machine as it's not worth the possibility that something else will go wrong. I'll click the accept so that I can pay you for this reply.

Thanks,
.It may also turn out to be possible the harness shorting out.at one of the connections.Your situation is not really simple one to trouble shoot online...If it was the safety circuit you would not get the buzzing in the switch...Something is grounding out weither it be the control it self or a wire connection in the circuit...Thanks Bob
Thanks for the reply. how can I pay for the answer.

Thanks,
No problem John...You have already paid ...Thanks Bob