Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My LG washer has an L E in the timer spot and it is flashing…

Customer Question
My LG washer has an...
My LG washer has an L E in the timer spot and it is flashing . What do I do? I have unplugged it and turned it back on and I think it is going to work but after awhile the L E comes back.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/28/2010
Appliance Technician: Justin, Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Justin
Justin, Appliance Technician

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to help you.

The cause for this almost 100% of the time is a faulty hall sensor which is clipped onto the stator (motor windings) behind the rear panel.

Justin
Justin, Appliance Technician
How do I fix it?
You must replace the hall sensor. The rear panel comes off, then you'll have to remove the rotor bolt and pull the rotor hard. It is magnetized and is difficult. Then there are six bolts holding the stator on. There is also a wiring harness relief you must unscrew. If you need the number for the hall sensor, contact LG and ask for parts. Have your model and serial number handy and they can ship one right to your home. Just pay close attention to how the unit comes apart and DO NOT let any foreign debris get inside your rotor. If you feel uncomfortable, call for a service man to do it for you.