Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

2001 GE stackable washer and dryer...washer will not start/run…

Customer Question
2001 GE stackable washer and...
2001 GE stackable washer and dryer...washer will not start/run in any settings. We used it earlier in the day..loaded up another load then accidently put too much liquid soap. i did check fuse board..all conditions normal.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/28/2010
Appliance Technician: Justin, Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Justin
Justin, Appliance Technician

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to help you.

May I please bother you for your model and serial number. If this is a stacked unit, check inside the dryer door. Thanks.

WSXH208A1WW

SERIAL NUMBER DD402812W

It won't fill or anything?

when you select desired setting...you then pull the knob to start right? nothing happens..no water, no sound. I also moved the knob to other settings..no joy., no spin, no rinse, no nothing.

It's most likely a problem in your door lock assembly. The machine is built by Frigidaire, so I will give you the part number for the Frigidaire part instead of the GE, as long as you want to save $50.NNN-NN-NNNNis the Frigidaire part number. These have a high number of failures in the field and the part has been revised many times. It's not too hard to replace either. Just need to pull the spring clamp from under the front lip of the boot, then take the two screws out of the door lock, remove three wire harness connectors and reinstall.
Justin
Justin, Appliance Technician
the appliance store is closed today..i will go tomorrow first thing,,,,if this door lock works..your my hero and new best friend. If not....certainly not going to be on my xmas list this year...wish me luck!
I really want you to know that I'm here in case it doesn't, but that part has a very high failure rate. If the machine doesn't see the door closed, it just plain won't work.