Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE clothes dryer Model #DVLR223EG6WW. My wife did…

Customer Question
I have a GE clothes...
I have a GE clothes dryer Model #DVLR223EG6WW. My wife did a load and it worked fine. She then added a 2nd load and the dryer didn't go on. I made sure the door was closed and checked the circuit breaker , but tha unit still doesn,t turn on. Can you help me.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/27/2010
Appliance Technician: John, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
John, Home Appliance Technician

Thanks for the question.

Was it taking a little longer to dry a load before this happened.

It was not taking longer. It just stopped working when we tried a second load. It doesn't make any sound at all It is dead

http://www.partselect.com/ModelFrames.aspx?ModelID=480011&ModelNum=DVLR223EG0WW&mfgModelNum=&ManufactureID=2&Selected=00123046i04&Position=2&mfg=GE&Type=&Mark=2

Open the door and remove the screws that hold the top on and lift the top up # XXXXX is a thermo fuse that will cause that problem.Unplug the dryer and join and tape the two wires to this part , now try the dryer if it starts up replace the hi limit thermo.

John, Home Appliance Technician
We are conecting the two wires behind that are connected to the starter button. Is that what you are refering to as the thermo fuse. If not please explain what and where we should look .

http://www.partselect.com/xq/aspx/Inventory.267900/qx/PartDetail.htm?SourceCode=1

This is the thermo its located on the side of the heater housing as shown on the breakdown I sent you can join and tape those two wires