Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

my dryer wont dry clothes

Customer Question
my dryer wont dry clothes
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/27/2010
Appliance Technician: John, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
John, Home Appliance Technician

Thanks for the question.

Was it taking longer to dry a load before this happened.

nope just stopped

Lift the top up there spring clips at each corner, use a flat screwdriver and push in at the clips this will release the t top so you can lift it up, on the side of the heater housing you will see a small disc with two wires to it , unplug the dryer and join and tape the wires together , now try the dryer if you get heat replace that hi limit thermo.

there is two small disks do i tape them both togher

Only number 5 the other one is for the heat .

there is two there but it dont look like that

http://www.partselect.com/xq/aspx/Inventory.2047886/qx/PartDetail.htm?SourceCode=1

This is the thermal you have to check its the number 5.

there are two that look like that one has a blue on one side white on the other the second one ha two black wires

PS2047800: High Limit Thermostat (Limit: 258-80)

Is this the other one your talking about.

no they both look like the frist one.
You can join them both but it should be the one on the side of the heater housing. not on the top of the element.
they are sisde by side
Join them both then if they look the same it only shows the one in the breakdown.
none of your suggestion work i had to buy a new dryer
A volt meter is required if you want to do your own repairs , remember that next time you try to do that.