Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool dishwasher model # DU915QWDQ1. Water comes…

I have a whirlpool dishwasher...
I have a whirlpool dishwasher model # XXXXX Water comes into dishwasher - but the arms will not move and the water will not go out. It does go through the cycles. Can you tell me what might be wrong? Thanks
6/27/2010
John, Home Appliance Technician

Thanks for the question.

When its suppose to drain does the motor come on.

it did at first then main a noise like something was holding it back then noise stopped. started cycle again and water flowed in but then arms did not move and at end of wash cycle water would not drain out.

You have to remove the spray arm and get down to # XXXXX and 24 to see if theres debris stopping the motor from turning.

Do I go inside the middle of black rubber in middle of arm to get to #10 and 24 and what tool do I use?
yes remove the spray arm then remove the screws holding # XXXXX the screw head could be a Torx head if it looks like a star screw.
so your are saying go down inside of the back rubber ring? or remove all the star look screws on the white circle below arm
Remove all the screws on the white part.

okay done now have 2 find the tool to remove other screw in middle. will u wait til I get it removed to see if anything is trapped in motor?

Yes sure just take your time can you turn that wash impeller now , try it you may dislodge what ever is in there.
is it suppose to make a full turn all the way around?
yes its suppose to turn freely in both directions.
i cant get it completely to turn counter clock wise and I can hear something grinding like clockwise. to get the cover off do i have to remove the screw in the middle? this make take a little while cause not sure what tool to use
The screw head on the wash impeller is 5/16 socket you have to hold the impeller and remove that screw some can be difficult to remove.

your right I can't get it off. I don't think I have a 5/16 socket or Im going to have to looke for it.I've already sent payment - can I still sign up for unlimited questions or will I be charged another $14. I hate to make u wait while I look for the socket but since you know whats going on I want to talk with you.

There only the one charge so take your time .
i found the socket but I cant figure how to hold the black cover while taken the screw off so I'll just pay you and thanks for all your help.
Sometimes its a real bugger to remove , I hold the impeller with Vise grips then tap the screw head to break the seal , what you should do is order the impeller kit you get the new wash impeller and the drain impeller and the seals , then you can go ahead and break that impeller to remove it.
how do u break it and where do I get another one

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/getSubCom p.pd?modelNumber=DU915QWDQ1&productCategoryId=0130000&brandId=1198&brandDescription=WHIRLPOOL&modelName=UNDERCOUNTER-DISHWASHER&diagramPageId=00004&componentDescription=PUMP%20AND%20MOTOR&documentId=O2024249&blt=06

# XXXXX and 24 is what you need and you can get the parts at Sears I use a pair of needle nose pliers and grab the impeller from the edge and twist it the impeller will come off in pieces , then the rest is easy to replace .Just keep this breakdown so you will know how they go back on.

John, Home Appliance Technician
thank you very much for all your help and time

Your very welcome .

Thanks and God Bless.