Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool refrigerator, model number ED5FHEXTOOO.

Customer Question
The refrigerator part stopped colling...
I have a whirlpool refrigerator, model number ED5FHEXTOOO. The refrigerator part stopped colling. A service tech was called. The evaportor core was frozen up. The
defrost heater and theromstat was replaced and 10 Jun. Same problem again on 21 Jun. Service tech checked the system and defrosted the unit. The system worked ok until
today, 27 Jun. The evaportor core is freezing up again. COULD YOU PLEASE PROVIDE POSSIBLE CAUSE OF THIS REPEATING PROBLEM. THANKS.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/27/2010
Appliance Technician: JIM, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
JIM
JIM, Home Appliance Technician
defrost control is bad part number ps2327741 it goes in where your controls are in ref compartment. you can get it at appliancepartspro.com

IS DEFROST CONTROL THE CORRECT NAME FOR THE PART. I WENT TO APPLIANCEPARTSPRO.COM AND COULD NOT LOCATE THE PART USING DEFROST CONTROL AND THE PART NUMBER YOU GAVE ME OF ps2327741.

Please advise, thanks.

it is called adaptive control
IS THE PART NUMBER ps2327741 A GOOD PART NUMBER FOR THE ADAPTIVE CONTROL?
try dropping the ps and than try to see if it will come up for you

DROPPING THE ps from the part number the defrost control or adaptive control did not come up.

If i ask for a defrost control or an adaptive control would the parts folks be able to identify the part that I require?

yes they would