Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

why is the waTER ON THE DOOR SPLASHING AND NOT COMING STRAIGHT…

Customer Question
why is the waTER ON...
why is the waTER ON THE DOOR SPLASHING AND NOT COMING STRAIGHT DOWN AND THEN NOT TURNING OFF? FYI there was alot of ice blocking the tube which I removed....but I think the styrofoam pad is not seated correctly. How do I reseat this styrofoam??? It turns around and is connected to a spring, but doesn't seem to seat itself in the "chute"
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/28/2010
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
.this is the kit you use to repair that, Part 940492you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-12001991-%3d%3di940492&PartID=940492 it comes with instructions I believe, the solenoid is sticking, hope this helps, thanks Bryan