Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a clothes washer model number LAT8604AAL, thats will…

I have a clothes washer...
I have a clothes washer model number LAT8604AAL, that's will fill but not agitate, rinse or spin in the "regular fabrics" or "permanent press" cycles. If I turn the control knob to the "delicates" cycle I can get it to agitate, drain the water and spin. Any thoughts as to what the problem may be?
6/27/2010
John, Home Appliance Technician

Thanks for the question.

Do you hear a hum from the motor and do you have a speed switch on the console.

No, there's no hum from the motor and there isn't a speed swith on the console either.

http://www.partselect.com/xq/aspx/Inventory.2019463/qx/PartDetail.htm?SourceCode=1

If you get no hum and you can get it to work on the delicate cycle the problem is with this timer.

Thanks for the info. I'm reading through the info on the link you sent. Can you hang on a few minutes while I see if there are any questions I have for you about the installation?
Not a problem get back to me if you have any questions.
That information looks good - thanks. XXXXX noted earlier, I don't think I've overlooked a hum from the motor, but if when running it again in a few minutes I decide that I did, what might the problem be?

If you are getting a hum from the motor the problem is with the motor the regular speed on the motor isn't working.

John, Home Appliance Technician
Thanks for the help. It looks like it should be a simple repair that I can handle myself.
Great thanks and God Bless.