Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

our freeser door keeps opening up when we shut the fefigerator…

Customer Question
our freeser door keeps opening...
our freeser door keeps opening up when we shut the fefigerator door
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/27/2010
Appliance Technician: Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech replied 8 years ago
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Some units have a pressure release mounted in the bottom fridge cabinet...Its job is to release the air pressure once door is opened and closed..Looking at your unit ..It does not have one..Your problem is most likely the freezer door seal...It has a built in magnetic strip WHich holds the seal around the door...What i would do is try to adjust the freezer door hinge...Remove the hinge cover and loosen the screws to the hinge...Then move the hinge one way or another to adjust pressure on door...
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Which door are you referring to the freezer door or the fridge door?
The freezer door...Thanks Bob