Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

HAVE A FAIRLY NEW MAYTAG DRYER MODEL MED5600TQO, QUIT IN MIDDLE…

Customer Question
HAVE A FAIRLY NEW MAYTAG...
HAVE A FAIRLY NEW MAYTAG DRYER MODEL MED5600TQO, QUIT IN MIDDLE OF CYCLE, WONT RUN CHECKED CIRCUIT BREAKER, LIGHT ON INSIDE IS ON BUT NO LIGHTS ON CONTROL PANEL. ANY IDEAS??
MATT
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/27/2010
Appliance Technician: Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Repairman1981
Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician

Since whirlpool has been making maytag I would say loose wiring connections are highly possible. Pull cover off and remove and reseat ALL connectors to board. Kill power first of course. With power to the unit you should at least have lights or the board is bad and will need replacing. I have went in on a LOT of whirlpool calls with just loose wiring connectors, and sometimes they don't look loose. So check them all, if it's all good then replace the board. Light comes off the board as well, so if the light works the board is getting partial power and rules out the plug.Thanks!

Brandon

please click accept and leave feedback. You can still ask follow ups if needed.