Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Q Bosch HGS 255UC/01 Natural Gas Range - Bake burner doesnt…

Customer Question
Q: Bosch HGS 255UC/01 Natural...
Q: Bosch HGS 255UC/01 Natural Gas Range - Bake burner doesn't ignite. "Glow" igniter illuminates but gas doesn't ignite. Sometimes after a few attempts to start oven, gas will finally ignite. You can hear when gas is flowing into oven to ignite. When it doesn't ignite you can't hear gas flowing. The broiler ignition is okay. Only the "bake" ignition is failing. The manuf. estimated time of ignition is 30 to 75 seconds....I've given ample time to light each time I tried.

I'm guessing there is a relay signaled by time or the heat of glow igniter to open gas valve to oven. Either relay is not responding or glow igniter is not getting bright/hot enough to signal gas. Although, while waiting, the glow igniter is able to push the temp up by 10 degrees without a flame, which tells me the glow igniter is getting hot enough.

I feel it's a simple part fix.

Can you help?

Thanks.

XXXXX XXXXXph
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/27/2010
Appliance Technician: Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Repairman1981
Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician

The igniter actually controls the safety gas valve's opening, once they age they will either break like a light bulb or do what your describing. The resistance of the igniter tells the gas to flow, the fact it's taking too long and turning the gas on without being hot enough to light it will be the ignitor only. Kill the power before trying to change it, and be sure to be VERY careful with it they are very fragile.

Part number for the igniter is 492431 and www.marcone.com shows a price of 72.21 you can probably beat that a little by using google.

Brandon

Please click accept and leave feedback, also remember once doing so you can still ask questions once you get the igniter if you have trouble installing it. Thanks!