Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

RE Amana dishwasher. The arm below the top rack is not spinning…

RE: Amana dishwasher. The...
RE: Amana dishwasher. The arm below the top rack is not spinning and holes appear to be gunked up. How to I fix and clean? Do I need a service technician to come or just replace the dishwasher?
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/27/2010
John, Home Appliance Technician

Thanks for the question.

Please send me the model number so I can better assist you.

37914972LN

or

E3992 Type 777-01

or

ADB2500AWS

The nut # XXXXX comes off and the screw head is called a Torx head , you can buy that at the hardware store to remove the # XXXXX

Well I know how I can get it off... how does that fix it?
Once the number 5 is removed you have to remove the # XXXXX the wash impeller to clean out the number 7 that part is clogged up causing the problem.
Is there something special I can use to clean it - such as bleach or ???

http://www.summitbrands.com/brands/Dishwashermagic.aspx

You can use this product its very good at cleaning the parts you cant get at, this will get at all the parts and really clean them out.

John, Home Appliance Technician
Thank you.

Your welcome.

Thanks and God Bless.