Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My refridgerator wont stay cold.

Customer Question
My refridgerator won't stay cold....
My refridgerator won't stay cold.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/27/2010
Appliance Technician: Chas, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, my name isXXXXX am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

Thank you for using JustAnswer's for your appliance questions, Myself and all the other experts are anxious to help you with your problem today. If you will please explain your problem and the model and serial number we can get started...

The model number should be in the fridge section on the wall...

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

The number is:12830918

What make is this unit?

?
WHat brand is it? WHirlpool?, Frigidaire?, What???
Sorry...Maytag
Okay, the model number for Maytags will start with 3 letters, the first should be a "M" and on Maytags they can also be on the ceiling of the fridge section. please look again?
MBB1952HEW
Is the back wall of the freezer covered with frost or ice?
The freezer works fine, blowing cold air perfectly, it's just the fridge that doesn't work.
Yes but do you see any frost on the back wall of the freezer? look down towards the bottom of the freezer back wall?

Hmm, when you asked me to check the freezer, I noticed the freezer control for the cold temperature was turned off. I turned it back to cold, and the fridge is now blowing cold air. If I need you again in the future, I'll let you know. Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it! :)

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK should not be given, I am willing if my advice is not SATISFACTORY to give you a refund of your deposit. I cannot know everything since I am not there with you to see all the conditions that the appliance we are talking about,

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

If you are on a SUPSCRIPTION PLAN for JustAnswers you still need to press the GREEN ACCEPT button, you will not be charged more than you monthly subscription rate you have??

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory