Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Refrigeratoe is running constantly and not cooling well. Sides…

Customer Question
Refrigeratoe is running constantly and...
Refrigeratoe is running constantly and not cooling well. Sides and inside walls are warm to touch. What could be the problem and cost to fix
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/27/2010
Appliance Technician: esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
esequiel walker
esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician
hi can you get behind the fridge and remove the bottom cover there is a fan is it running
Hi Eseguiel- when remove lower cover there is much more heat. Something is running but I dont think it is a fan.
hi yes there is a black round compressor and there is a fan next to it is it running
The fan is not running. But if thats the compressor it is very hot.....
hi yes thats the problem the fan is out or stuck so since its not turning its not blowing or removing the heat from the compressor, refrigerator not cooling around the doors hot its all because of the fan and if you dont try to spin it and see if it starts it will burn the compresor. replace the fan this will fix the problem. pressing accept for my help pays me thanks
Should I turn off the fridge til I can get it repaired and how much would you estimate the repair cost to be? Assuming it is only the fan ?
if you cant get the fan going turn it off let the compressor cool down ny the time you get the part it will be cold and yes its old the fan i guarantee it if i can get a model number ill get you a price on it
The model number inside the door is 106 . 53759202 please price both fan and compressor. I have unplugged the fridge and will try to get the fan running when it cools a bit. Do I just move the fan blades with my fingers to see if it will kick on or do you reccommend another way?
hi yes spin the blade several times to see if it stays on if it doesnt then turn it off
Part 961572 (Click to enlarge)
Grid is 1 inch square
Item #
961572
Price
$238.05
In Stock?
Yes
Compressor kit
Part 2056 (Click to enlarge)
Grid is 1 inch square
Item #
2056
Price
$83.10
In Stock?
Yes
Condenser fan motor kit with wire harness and hardware
esequiel walker
Thanks my friend....I will try your suggestion....have a good evening....
thank you good luck
Had alot of junk on the fan blades but after cleaning them off it fired right up....doors are still cool and fan and compressor seem to be purring along. I think this may have worked....keeping fingers crossed....
yes great effort that lint and build up number one cause of failure those doors will cool down within the hour the compressor will never be actually cold but warm not boiling hot like it is great job