Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

HOW DO I RESET THE DOOR SWITCH/ LOCK ASSY

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/27/2010
Appliance Technician: Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Repairman1981
Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician

I'm guessing you mean it's stuck in the locked position? The part diagram for this on has literally NO detail on it, so waste of time to post it. I use a brazing rod, you can use a clothes hanger bend it straight with a 2" crook on the end, turn it sideways and work it between the door and the liner, slide over and grab the latch, pull and release the door, then order and replace the latch. It should never stop in the locked position. Part number is XXXXX at a cost of 85.21, google it, you can probably beat the price easily. The price is from www.marcone.com.

Brandon

Please click accept and leave feedback, you can leave followup questions if needed. Thanks!

the door is open but the latch is is closed position is there a way to make the oven "think" the door is closed so switch will cycle/ we had a power failure earlier today and
Power off 2 mins, on power up latch will cycle, unless something stopped it chances are it died in the lock position. Also you can start and cancel a clean cycle. That will lock and unlock the latch.

Brandon