Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag Front Load 5000 series washer. The cycle stops…

I have a Maytag Front...
I have a Maytag Front Load 5000 series washer. The cycle stops running and displays SUD, I press stop and then the washer begins to stop the cycle and F21 is shown on the display and after a few minutes the washer will turn off. I have checked the drain hose and no kink or clog. I have checked both the cold and hot inlet hoses and they are fine as well. Also, disconnected the power and then plugged back in and the washer continues to do the same thing. What should I do now?
6/27/2010
esequiel walker
esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician
hi here is the answer to your question pressing accept pays me thanks F21 is too long to drain:: (more than 4 mins) Check your drain hose outflow into a couple of 5 gal buckets it should flow pretty fast. If not, there is both a suds sensor and the water level pressure switch that can be causing the problem. Since you do not have SUDS showing on your control panel I am assuming the suds sensor is fine. The water pressure switch itself can cause the problem even if you hear audible clicks when testing with an external hose. A clogged drain pump strainer can do the same thing. Lastly... the obvious... is the drain hose kinked?

Just to make sure I understand what you are saying - because I am a little confused. My washer does display SUD and then displays F21.

So is the problem one of four things:

1. Bad suds sensor

2. Water pressure switch

3. Clogged drain pump strainer

4. Drain hose kink (although I have already pulled the washer away from the wall and verified there is no kink).

And if this is correct, can I fix any of these myself or should I call for a repair?

you can fix them all yourself . easy to do if you have no suds in there , more than likely its the drain filter being clogged it happens so much on front loads. ok if you need any help ill be here for support thanks

Can you tell me how to check the drain filter? Is there a diagram or manual I can reference online?

can i get a model number please
Model No: MHWE500VW00
hi don u see a seperate panel under the front door

Do you mean on the outside front of the washer. There is the white metal piece covering the bottom of the washer below the front door. Is this the panel?

yes that cover it has a screw on each side at the very bottom renove it and you will see the drain pump it has two black rubber hoese coneccted to it ok it has a handle that you twist and it comes off check in ther for junk blockage
esequiel walker

Thanks for your help!!!! The solution to the problem was very easy to solve and saved me from calling a repairman and being charged who knows what for such an easy fix!!! The drain filter had so much junk in it you wouldn't believe, it was pretty gross. Thanks again!!!!

Paige

thank u for doing the deed great job thanks