Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

have a magic chef oven (manual has a # of 8112P092-60). both…

have a magic chef oven...
have a magic chef oven (manual has a # XXXXX 8112P092-60). both elements heat but I do not think oven is reaching appropriate temperature. Takes way longer for things to head than they are supposed to - cannot bake any more - temps just aren't right? Any suggestions?
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/27/2010
esequiel walker
esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician
hi if you raise the burners normally there is a plate with numbers under the burner panel

Are we talking about the oven - you mean raising the elements?

hi im sorry the model number did not come up
Model #38HN-6TVW, serial #59c216244520
hi if you set it for 350 it gets to where
It will say 350 but I don't know what it gets too - it beeps as thought its reached the temperature and says its at 350 but obviously isn't because everything is taking way longer to cook - for example chicken nuggets at 425 for 20 minutes take almost 40 minutes with it set at 425.
hi ah ok you have a bad temperature sensor its not reading the correct temp so its cutting the oven off too early making it not hot enough to cook the food fully
how to you replace the sensor?
hi if you look in the oven.to the back left hand side you will see a silver stem sticking out it has 1 screw remove it and it has a wire harness it just unsnaps. replace it with new one and your done. pressing accept for my help pays me thanks this is the part
Part 1364 (Click to enlarge)
Grid is 1 inch square
Item #
1364
Price
$35.70
In Stock?
Yes
Oven sensor kit, 6 inches long. Includes two harness adapters for a variety of applications and installation instructions.
Qty Add to Cart

The only thing with any type of a rod in the back of our oven is on the right hand side and held by two screws. Looks similar to the picture you showed. Do you need to take the back panel off to connect this?

hi thats it no you address it from in the oven remove the screws it pulls out gently disconnect the harness plug in new one and thats it screw back on
that's great. Is there known to be a problem with the magic chef doors - is a just a spring that can be replaced? Ours flops down - WIll hit accept after this one - I promise!
lol yes this is the spring one per side but goes in the stove wall not the door ok
Part 3006 (Click to enlarge)
Grid is 1 inch square
Item #
3006
Price
$6.70
In Stock?
Yes
Oven door spring
esequiel walker
Thank you so much! Can you send a copy to my e-mail [email protected]. You've been a great help. Appreciate your time.
thank u its been a pleasure to help you what copy are you requesting