Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

my garbage disposal was working yesterday but now its humming…

Customer Question
my garbage disposal was working...
my garbage disposal was working yesterday but now its humming an wont work what is wrong
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/27/2010
Appliance Technician: esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
esequiel walker
esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician
hi look under the disposal right in the center there is a slot where you need to use a hex wrench to turn left and right to break it loose , before you run it run the water to flush out what ever it was that jammed it, every disposal has this hex wrench with it. pressing accept for my help pays me thanks

hey what does a hex wrench look like and in the center bottom of the disposal i would just turn it then turn on the water then it will work fine

hi yes find a wrench or fitting for the hole then turn the wrench one way then back untill the disposal spins freely. then before you turn it on run water to flush out whatever was stuck . pressing accept for my help pays me thanks
Part 906607 (Click to enlarge)
Grid is 1 inch square
Item #
906607
Price
$12.15
In Stock?
Yes
Disposer wrench assembly