Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a 10 yr old Whirlpool Gold Quiet Wash Plus. It will…

I have a 10 yr...
I have a 10 yr old Whirlpool Gold Quiet Wash Plus. It will not drain after the wash cycle and always leaves a pool of water in the bottom of the dishwasher. I am not sure if it is draining completly after each cycle but I do know that it does not drain after the last cycle. The glasses have a white residue on the bottom outside which is caused by the dirty water drying on the top of the glasses so I would guess that it is throwing dirty water from the last cycle all over the dishes again and again I took out everything inside the washer and cleaned everything I took the drain hose off and it was full of water but it had no clogs. I took the drain off the sink and it had no clogs. When the dishwasher is finished its cycles and still has water in it and I push the cancel drain button it will completly drain
6/26/2010
Justin
Justin, Appliance Technician

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to help you.

Thanks for your question. Please provide your model and serial number. This way I can help you more efficiently.

I can not read the whole thing as some of the numbers are worn but here is what I can give you

Model# ?U940SCGBO

Serial # XXXXX

The question mark is a numder or letter that I can't read

Hello is anyone there??

Sorry, was out to dinner. It's GU940SCGB0

Chances are your check valve has a clog in it. If you remove your toe panels from the dishwasher, you can see the drain hose with a clamp on it. You remove this but there will be water so have a shop vac handy. After the hose is off, you can remove the white check valve which comes out of the bottom of the motor at an angle. You turn it counter clockwise. Then you can pry the little plastic piece out of the front of the check valve. Usually, you'll find something stuck behind the little rubber check valve in that assembly. It's number 15 on this diagram.

graphic

Justin
Justin, Appliance Technician

Any luck?

What did you find?