Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Hello, i have a kenmore electric dryer (400). problem is that…

Customer Question
Hello, i have a...
Hello, i have a kenmore electric dryer (400). problem is that the motor will not turn. door switch seems to work properly, the heating element works but it begins heating prior to pushing the start button and i get no movement from the motor at all. any suggestions?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/26/2010
Appliance Technician: MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician

The heater must be broken and is shorted out to the dryer as it will normally not heat unless the motor runs. The heater is bad and it blew a thermal fuse as well so that is why no motion. You will need to get both parts to fix this. Any local appliance parts supply will have this common stuff.