Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a whirlpool model# GHW 9150 PW4. The red indicator…

We have a whirlpool model#...
We have a whirlpool model# XXXXX 9150 PW4. The red indicator light for "control locked" is lit and the machine won't function. Is there a reset button some where on the machine?
I tried unpluging and repluging the power cord and also rotated the washer drum but it is still dead. Can you help?
6/26/2010
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
No reset button...Believe it or not..The drain filter is probably needs to be cleaned out...You can access the filter by removing the screws along the very bottom of front panel...Remove the panel and you will see the cap for the filter....
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
<p>Ok, I have cleaned out the drain filter, nothing in it excepting a small amount of soap scum. unpluged cord before I removed the front lower front panel and pluged it back in after cleaning the filter. Same problem as before, control locked red light is on and the rest of the machine is dead. While waiting for your answer, I read through the trouble shooting info on Whirlpool's web site and it mentioned that if the ccu doesn't "click" when pluging the cord in, that the ccu has failed and has to be replaced. What do you think?</p><p>I'll pay your fee when we either get it running or find out that it is something that needs a repairman for the fix.  We have the extended warranty,  but they are saying it will be a week before they can be out here to do something.  Thought we'd try this first.... </p>
Have you tried unlocking the control...Holding the end of cycle button..?

No we didn't try that before. Just tried it and it seems to be working now. we'll see if it continues to operate normaly.

Thanks!

Ok great...That should do it for you..The control has a child lock feature..For some reason i was under the impression that you already tried that and it didnt work...You should be ok now...Thanks Bob