Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a miele 892 dishwasher, 5 years old. Never a problem…

Customer Question
I have a miele 892...
I have a miele 892 dishwasher, 5 years old. Never a problem until now. Intake drain light is flashing. Can here pump running. No water is in the unit. checked water filter and drain pump according to manual. Everything checks out. also checked drain hoses. It appears it is not gettting any water. Any suggestions? Pump is spinning with no water at bottom.

Update: I filled the basin with water and it pumped right out. It seems the cycle is stuck in the drain mode. I was able to change the cycle step to dry hoping it would shut off and I could restart. After about 30 minutes I noticed that the basin was flooded and the water line was in a constant fill. I'm now backl where I started, in the drain mode
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/26/2010
Appliance Technician: william, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
william, Home Appliance Technician

You need to re-set this after you checked everything.

- Turn the programme

selector to the "Stop"

position.

- Switch the dishwasher

off using the "On/Off"

button. Then switch off the power then re-try.

If this answers your question, please click the ACCEPT BUTTON This is how I get paid for my skills & knowledge.Need more info ask as long as it pertains to the same question. BONUSES are appreciated. NOTE: As I am not there this is based on your observations and information that i get from you. Thank-you.

Thanks for the response, however, I had already tried reseting and it didn't work. It is definitely the program. It seems it is stuck in the drain cycle. I put some water in the basin and it pump it right out. I am able to manipulated the cycles but it doesn't help. I got it to go to the dry cycle figuring it would eventually complete the cycle but 30 minutes later the washer was flooded. I reset it and it defaulted back to the drain cycle and the water pumped out. Now back to where I started. Any ideas?
Relist: Inaccurate answer.