Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I had to clean the Detergent compartment and removed the bleach…

Customer Question
I had to clean the...
I had to clean the Detergent compartment and removed the bleach dispenser because it was caked with dry bleach. Now I cannot get the compartment opened. It seems to be stuck on the right side. HELP
A. Taylor
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/26/2010
Appliance Technician: william, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
william, Home Appliance Technician
I dont understand what your saying first you say that you removed it then you say you cant open it. Could you explain a little further please? Thanks

Yes, I removed the bleach dispenser to clean it. I closed the compartment and now I cannot open it again to replace the bleach dispenser and put detergent into the cup.

The entire compartment will not open,

Ok you should be able to pop the top there should be 2-3 screws in the back take top off and you should see this big plastic box take off what you need to and jiggle it around until you get this out.

If this answers your question, please click the ACCEPT BUTTON This is how I get paid for my skills & knowledge.Need more info ask as long as it pertains to the same question. BONUSES are appreciated. NOTE: As I am not there this is based on your observations and information that i get from you. Thank-you.

william, Home Appliance Technician

I was able to Contact Best Buy and my warranty is still good. They informed me that the only way to get the part out was to break it out and replace the part. They will do this fror me next week,

Thankyou.

Thats good i would of told you the same thing cause anything that you do to it while under warrenty will void that warrenty. Your welcome and thank-you.