Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our dishwasher is working, but there is always standing water…

Customer Question
Our dishwasher is working, but...
Our dishwasher is working, but there is always standing water in the bottom after each load. I removed the screen on the bottom, but there does not seem to be a blockage. any other suggestions before I call a plumber?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/26/2010
Appliance Technician: John, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
John, Home Appliance Technician

Thanks for the question.

Is there a long screen at the back on the floor please.

Yes.

http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=a9b3i821081&PartID=821081

Remove that screen and unscrew this piston and nut its a common part to fail in that model .tap it to start it to unscrew it will come out better.

I did not understand. the screen in the back is also connected to the heating bar. I decided to call a professional repairman.

I'm talking about the part # XXXXX and it not connected to the element .

How do I get to it?
Its at the back of the tub and the screen has two screws that holds it down the piston and nut is screwed in tap it to start it to unscrew if this is worn replace the piston and nut.
I give up. I unsrewed the two screws in the back, but the screen does not come out. Thanks anyway.
Give it a lift upwards it should come off.