Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

HBN 746 AUC Oven - Electronics - Display has a left and right…

Customer Question
HBN 746 AUC Oven -...
HBN 746 AUC Oven - Electronics - Display has a left and right half. Left is for clock / time / Temp in large seven segment numeric. Right is smaller font alphaneumeric for mode programming etc. Left side brightness and visability is fine. Right side is dim with very narrow segment lines - hard to read unless a dark room / very close. Reads right - no jibberish. Right side blanks when no oven activity so must have separate switched power supply feed, or power supply. Easy but expensive to swap the display board. Any thoughts on this is a common problem and easy to repair (I'm a EE with tools & DIY expert).
Thanks Bill
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/26/2010
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech replied 8 years ago
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
please remember we are not in your home to do the repair or test our self and cant always be 100% and can always overlook something / thanks

you will need to replace the display panel and the part number is XXXXX and you should be able to get at a local appliance parts dealer in your area ,,, Glad i could help you with your problem today so please hit the accept button for me before you leave so i may be paid ,, Thanks
Larry,
I aleady knew the P/N and how to call appliance repair (or DIY). The value in your expertise is whether there is a prospect for repair of this minor problem on the board.
If I had a repair manual with schematic I wouldn't even be asking. Do you know where I can download that information from (a link) please, or can you send it to me for the price.
Thanks
you cant repair the board and it just has to be replaced ,, its a circuit board

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/getModel!retrieve.pd?modelNumber=HBN+746+AUC&pathTaken=partSearch
I repair circuit boards every week - I just need the schematic information to do it. Can you help. I could have asked the newspaper boy if replacing the display would fix it?
the only place you will find one is inside the control panel and if not there then you will have to contact the manufacture and no paper boy could help you as i have .. you have a good day now