Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

how to get to the flapper valve,ice maker, in the door for…

Customer Question
how to get to the...
how to get to the flapper valve,ice maker, in the door for replacement.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/26/2010
Appliance Technician: MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician

The whole dispenser assembly snaps into place, so it unsnaps out. remove the funnel and drip tray and start pulling the assembly out from the bottom and it will start to release as you pull it. Some plastic clips usually break but enough are left for it to fit back in just fine. There is NO OTHER WAY to remove it.

I do this in hope of getting paid otherwise I would not be doing this for you. Payment gets to me only if the advice is accepted. Thanks

I removed funnel and then the front panel, 2 screws, behind panel and the flapper was there. i replaced the flapper at that point. i guess that's what you are saying. but anyway i got it fixed.

So my advice was worthless?

I guess so

So you knew how to get the front off and that is why you asked how to do it anyway. I may need you in the future. do you do stuff for free too?

Edited by MRANSWER on 6/27/2010 at 10:23 PM EST
I DO