Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a frigidaire gas range ES300 (self-cleaning oven). The…

Customer Question
I have a frigidaire gas...
I have a frigidaire gas range ES300 (self-cleaning oven).
The top stove bruners work, and all the oven settings work, including the fan. However, the oven does not heat at all, as if the electrical 'pilot' if off. My guess is this happened de to my mistake of using the oven cleaner before i realized that this is a self cleaning oven, and i possibly caused some electrical problem. However, since the oven settings work, my hope was that by locating and replacing the 'pilot' would solve my problem.

Please help me if you can, Thank you in advance,
Sincerely
Snezana [email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/26/2010
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech replied 8 years ago
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
please remember we are not in your home to do the repair or test our self and cant always be 100% and can always overlook something / thanks

this model number shows it to be a JENN-AIR ,, is this the right model number for this range?
yes, it is jenn-air.
pull the range out, unplug and remove the back panel ,, replace the high temp thermostat on back and the part number is XXXXX and cost about $30 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you ,, Glad i could help you with your problem today so please hit the accept button for me before you leave so i may be paid ,, Thanks
Hi, thank you for your help. I opened the back panel and cannot seem to figure out exaclty which part is the thermostat. is it connected to the oven fan, which is also accesible when the fan is removed from the inside of the back panel in the oven?

it will look like this
graphic
thank you again. but i am not sure if what i see is that part, which is why could you please let me know if this would be attached to the oven fan?
there is two fans in the back, one for oven, and one located towards the top of the stove (maybe for top of the oven).
they both have similar looking part, please confirm if possible.
thank you again.
no it does not ,, its either on the back or under the top
Hi, I am sorry to trouble you so much, but i am still trying to figure out where the thermostat is. i foudn this diagram where the therostat is listed under body parts, but could you please help me figure out from the picture where it is physically located.
i have not removed the most inner back board, the one that is lining the inside of the oven yet, but from the exposed parts, i only see fans, and wires..number 5 is the thermostat

http://www.partselect.com/ModelFrames.aspx?ModelID=110785&ModelNum=JDS9860AAW&mfgModelNum=&ManufactureID=1&Selected=53276&Position=1&mfg=Maytag&Type=Appliance&Mark=1

thanks
snezana
if you dont see it on the back then it will be on the top from the back by the latch assy